£90000 - £100000 per annum + Pension + Benefits
7 months ago
Procurement & Supply Chain Director - £90,000 - £100,000 (Worcestershire) 4 days on site
Salary: Up to £100,000 + Pension & benefits
Location: Worcestershire (4 days a week on site)
I am currently working with an extremely exciting client of mine who specialize within manufacturing/renewable energy sector within the innovative technology space.
My client is looking for a Procurement & Supply Chain Manager/Professional who has experience on both sides. Electronics/Technology commodity experience is required with PCB experience being a desirable bonus due to the product in relation to electric vehicles.
If you have previous experience within greenfield/brownfield environments that will certainly help or simply like the challenge of joining a growing and successful SME business who are striving for greatness in an ever-growing market niche, this role is certainly for you!
You will lead a team in Procurement but also oversee the whole Supply Chain by leading all Supply Chain activities including tactical and strategic procurement as well as inbound and outbound freight. Develop Procurement Strategy in line with company growth initiatives nurturing current supplier relationships whilst developing new partnerships.
- Oversee the development of Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, support and coach buyers, ensure resource is available from wider business to ensure strategies are implemented in a timely manner.
- Set and track delivery of SMART KPIs for your team to positively impact your business unit.
- Lead the team while providing project management processes to follow to ensure all direct materials are sourced within lowest/best value from suppliers alongside a robust supply chain with future growth/development plans.
- Coordinate make vs buy analysis for new products which might include fully outsourced model in some cases. These activities will input into the businesses growth plans in various global geographies.
- Close working with Engineering and Production teams to ensure requirements are understood and to foster close working relationships between internal teams and suppliers.
- Improve inbound and outbound logistics solutions and minimise inventory against agreed KPI's which will include inventory optimisation. Champion of 'a plan for every part' ensuring data accuracy for every activity and transaction.
- Review current suppliers and identify potential under-performing suppliers have a robust plan in place to improve/best capitalise, make improvements in line with the supplier Performance and Management Policy/Escalation process.
- Identify and prosecute opportunities to reduce overall product costs including review of new supply opportunities on a global basis whilst improving current suppliers cost proposition through both development and negotiation.
- Build a resilient Supply Chain for the business that provides consistent, reliable supply of parts and services. This will include strategies around dual sourcing, currency mitigation, planning for new duties and trade arrangements. Resolve supplier issues and communicate effectively across Indra stakeholders.
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with policies such as Modern-Day Slavery and environmental impact.
- Procurement of components for NPI projects, capital purchases and service contracts.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Significant procurement experience working within a manufacturing/engineering business.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to reduce costs and drive the business unit forward long term.
- Experience in electronics procurement. Whilst this will be a broad commodity role you should have experience of the global electronics component and PCB market.
- Degree qualified in Electronics is preferred or other engineering discipline.
- Strong negotiation skills with key influencing skills.
- Developing new suppliers through new product introduction (NPI) demonstrating sound project management skills and knowledge of manufacturing launch and validation processes.
- Driven & Commercial mindset to make positive changes throughout.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills previously shown.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base - able to coach and support others to identify these.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Power Point/Excel.
If you are interested in the exciting role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.