Procurement & Contracts Manager
£52416 - £61731 per annum + Excellent benefits
8 months ago
Procurement Manager & Contracts Manager
Salary £52,416 - £61,731 + Excellent benefits + Essential Car users allowance
Hybrid/agile working, 1-2 days in the office
Are you someone who can consider different contracting options and then plan meticulously to deliver the best option? Do you like working with a wide variety of people to help them deliver corporate objectives whilst delivering value for money? Can you challenge assumptions, ensure compliance with rules and procedures whilst finding creative solutions, and build relationships and trust with colleagues and stakeholders?
Sound like you? Then my client would like to welcome you to manage their Contracts and Procurement Team.
Professional, ambitious and driven by service excellence, you will provide support to several councils who are sharing procurement services. This is an excellent opportunity to manage a newly formed team serving a number of councils. You will also look for opportunities to further grow the service and deliver value for money and economies of scale from procurement processes and contract management. A dynamic leader with a resilient personality and track record of delivering creative and innovative solutions are required for success in this role.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder engagement competencies.
- Have the ability to work alongside and support service teams across the councils in the delivery of their critical projects.
- Collaborative approach, looking for opportunities to coach, support and mentor people.
- The ability to encourage individuals and teams to work, learn and deliver together
- Make people feel trusted, valued, informed and supported
- Act as a role model, leading by example: motivating, influencing and inspiring others
- Motivational, able to drive positivity; taking an optimistic approach and engaging others, giving individuals the space and freedom to be creative
- Actively encourage innovation.
- Results driven, recognising and celebrating good performance and achievements.
- Empowering, giving individuals a sense of purpose.
- Supportive and able to create an environment where individuals feel comfortable to be themselves, and where they feel heard, included and valued.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Procurement legislation in the Public Sector
- Good understanding of financial requirements within a procurement environment
- Good knowledge of contract management tools to deliver ongoing supplier benefits
- A track record of leading, managing, delivering, and improving third party spend through effective Contract Management and a commercial approach to procurement
- Experience of delivering improved value for money through effective contract management and procurement design
- Experience of managing and advising of key contract management issues, negotiating contract terms, handling conflict effectively
- Experience of project management and UK Contract Regulations
- Evidence of continual professional development and an ongoing commitment to learning and skills development of self and team.
- Experience of managing a team of procurement professionals.
- Experience of designing procurements within the constraints of the legislation that achieves the most advantageous supply arrangement but minimises risk
- Experience of managing complex procurements and delivering benefits (efficiency savings and other non-cashable benefits)
- Experience within the legislative framework for contracting
- Experience of performance monitoring
- Experience of Contractual environments
- Broad range of experience of tendering different spend categories
- Resourceful and able to think outside the box on new contract design and delivery models
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Able to lead, develop and inspire a team.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and delegate workloads to meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills and customer engagement
- Ability to work under pressure
- Use of information technology
- To be able to drive and have use of a vehicle
- MCIPS qualified or in progress
If this role is of interest, you possess these skills and are keen to help the Contracts and Procurement Team deliver excellent service, I would be delighted to hear from you.