Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £48000 per annum
4 months ago
Procurement and Contract Manager - £45,000 per annum
A great opportunity to work with a leading Public Sector organisation.
The Procurement and Contract Manager will work with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation in order to build good relationships and understand requirements for goods and services. The Procurement and Contract Manager will also look to develop a strategy for each spend area and actively manage suppliers and their contracts.
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of category strategies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and manage suppliers to ensure they consistently achieve the performance standards set out in contracts
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and investigating contractual, commercial and market risks to ensure continuity of supply
- Operate a continuous improvement approach to identify and deliver on-going changes whilst also leading the negotiation of commercial and contractual changes to ensure they consistently meet business requirements
- Lead major projects and tenders, ensuring all sourcing activity fully complies with appropriate legislation and regulation whilst also complying with organisation policies
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders regarding any contractual or procurement matters.
- Support the adoption of best practice approaches with the aim of ensuring that the Procurement function is seen as 'best in class'.
The right person will have
- Knowledge of procurement management and experience of working in a complex commercial environment
- A track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements in large, strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
- Extensive knowledge of public sector procurement law with an ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff and find pragmatic solutions to potential legal difficulties.
- Comprehensive negotiating skills and experience of working in a political environment and skilled in understanding and responding to different perspectives.
To find out more about the role please contact me on 01483 213302 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org