City of London
£35000 - £50000 per annum + + bonus + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Procurement Analyst
Location: Central London
Salary: £35 - £50k + 15% bonus + package
Are you a junior procurement professional looking to join a Fortune 500 company who are investing heavily in developing and shaping the procurement leaders of the future?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm looking for a proactive and ambitious junior procurement expert with c. 2-3 years' experience to join this global manufacturing business on a permanent basis. With over 5,000 employees and operations in over 20 countries, this business is the number-one manufacturer within their niche. They are well-known globally with a stable and forward-thinking executive team and a highly experienced and influential CPO.
This role reports to the Head of Procurement and works closely with a dispersed global procurement team. You will be responsible for analysing and reporting across 18 key product areas within the business, providing key support to the Buyers, Category Managers and Procurement Leaders.
This is a broad role where you will lead and develop pricing, forecasting, and budgeting actions on a short, mid, and long-term basis via the utilisation of various e-procurement, digital analytics, and research tools. Furthermore, you will also collate and develop reports and presentations in conjunction with the wider procurement team, delivering these to senior leaders across the business.
This role has a clear development pathway into a direct buyer role in the short to mid-term and so you must be ambitious and prepared to take on additional responsibilities within the business quickly. They have a strong record of developing exceptional procurement professionals into leadership positions within the business. Fully funded CIPS qualifications will be provided as a part of this development plan.
Here are some more details on the role:
- You will calculate and distribute pricing reports across various suppliers and sites to various internal teams to ensure accurate purchase orders and bills of materials.
- You will lead the monthly forecasting and budgeting cycle globally with partners in Asia, the Americas, and Europe to develop cohesive 24-month forecasts for 18 key commodities.
- You will compile regular weekly and monthly reports for the procurement management team including procurement operations reports, supplier reports, capability reports and market overviews. In addition, you will collate and prepare relevant media for quarterly senior management presentations.
- You will coordinate with the regional planning teams and central procurement/suppliers to help solve any production or supply chain issues as well as deliver regular updates on supplier performance and support the procurement managers in key supplier capability reviews.
- You will become the team specialist in SAP Ariba and S/4 HANA, supporting any technical queries as well as owning the process for vendor onboarding, contract management and tender management via these systems.
- You will support various team projects including their sustainability roadmap, process and systems improvement, market, and competitor analysis and SRM reporting.
- You will work alongside the finance team to ensure that all invoices, credit, and debit notes are effectively managed and paid on time via SAP.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- 2-3 years of initial procurement experience either as a procurement analyst or senior buyer within any sector.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with experience developing and collating data sets and reporting metrics and then delivering these in a suitable format across the business.
- A proactive approach to managing complex tasks, with the ability to work autonomously and seek support as and when required.
- The ability to converse and support several teams including Managers, Directors, and Heads of Procurement within a large global company.
- An analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail, familiar with conducting spend analysis and reporting activities and then using these to inform strategic plans and roadmaps.
- A results-driven attitude, focused on proactively solving problems and working in close conjunction with your stakeholders to drive forward progress.
- Strong relevant technical skills including with Microsoft Excel and ideally within SAP (S/4 HANA).
- Ideally you will be degree educated in a relevant discipline (I.E. Business, Economics etc) and either be currently studying or willing to study CIPS.
- Willingness to travel to sites nationally and occasionally internationally.
If you match the above profile and are interested in learning more, please either apply directly or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. This is a critical role for our clients, and they are motivated to hire the right person who can quickly develop a career in this exceptional business.