North West London, London
£42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus
9 months ago
Packaging Buyer with packaging sourcing experience required for a genuinely iconic brand.
Our client will support your procurement career progression and their busy purchasing team are keen to welcome you on-board. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced and successful team, contributing to managing a fast moving category and building key supplier relationships. The role will suit someone who has great interpersonal skills, wants to learn, progress and be recognised for their achievements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the end to end sourcing of the flexible packaging area and contribute to the strategies for UK and Europe
- Drive cost saving projects, developing excellent collaboration within the Procurement team and to deliver year on year savings with measurable impact to the bottom-line performance
- Develop and lead contract management processes for the categories
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to understand and align Procurements objectives
- Participates in and implements procurement transformation throughout the region
- Hold regular review sessions with key internal customers to ensure that the business needs are being met.
- Communicate the value and purpose of the Procurement function to the business.
- Contribute to implementing all Procurement strategic projects that are held Globally.
- Put together supplier bids and build strong relationships with suppliers.
- Contribute to the development of category strategies that will deliver performance targets on cost reduction and cost optimisation, quality, risk mitigation, innovation and growth as well as sustainability.
- Graduate or equivalent and proven experience in procurement within a larger organisation
- Experience of Purchasing Packaging and Paper category is ideal, to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally FMCG sector experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery
- Strong influencing, communication skills and personal impact to gain credibility quickly with senior stakeholders
- Naturally curious and enthusiastic
Please contact Sally Davis at email@example.com with your cv to schedule a call. Closing Date 17/06/2020