OPEX Procurement Category Specialist
€65000 - €72000 per annum + + 20% bonus
8 months ago
Strongly committed to sustainability and the circular economy our client plays a leading role in the value chain across multiple sectors including e-commerce, FMCG and industrials. Their global procurement function is well regarded internally and has recently experienced a period of transformation supported by a strong CPO and leadership team.
They are looking for an OPEX Procurement Category specialist who will develop relationships with external and internal stakeholders to support transformation and drive best in class solutions across the OPEX category. Supported by the Global Category Manager, you will lead your own projects and spend areas. Dynamic, agile and willing to engage you will already have a knowledge of procurement processes and demonstrate commerciality of thinking.
- Understand the business strategy and how it impacts Group Procurement.
- Act as a Procurement advisor internally and externally as appropriate.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and maintain appropriate stakeholder maps.
- Participate in and support procurement transformation
- Participate in and support Opex initiatives; propose improved solutions, work on team projects; share information; respect procedures and standa
- Requirements analysis and quantified cost reduction/improvement targets
- Tracking, controlling, reporting relevant projects.
- Ensure compliance of all projects with group contracts/policy.
- Implements appropriate supplier management plans and manages supplier reviews for preferred suppliers.
- Maximises purchasing power to improve its competitive edge and to deliver best value.
- Drive Inventory optimisation and TCO (total cost of ownership) initiatives
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers to push innovation and sustainability/circularity agenda to meet 2030 / 2050 targets
- Follows and implements as required processes and procedures (including benchmarking) that ensure improved procurement performance.
- Develops and documents implementation plans that include comprehensive business requirements analysis and quantified cost reduction/improvement targets.
- Able to coordinate actions across international multi-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Identifies and develops new suppliers and customers.
- Holds regular review sessions with key internal customers and suppliers.
- Monitors and reports on activities and provides relevant management information
- Conducts procurement activity in accordance with stated ethics, CSR and other procurement and legal policies.
This role has significant opportunity for personal development and global career progression.
Please apply asap as interviews will take place immediately.