Up to £80000 per annum
10 months ago
Role: Operations and Planning Manager
Salary: up to £80k+ package
Location: North Acton (site based role)
Role type: Permanent | Fulltime| UK based
Are you an S+OP professional looking for your next challenge? This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Operational team with their medium to long term plans aiding in key growth opportunties with strong performance metrics.
The Operations Planning and Improvement Manager role is an exciting opportunity to help the Operational Team outline their medium to long term plans to support business growth. This role is instrumental in defining overall capacity, bottlenecks and developing plans to overcome them to meet customer demand over the medium to long term.
The role is instrumental in defining operational plans, but also leveraging growth opportunities when demand exceeds expectations. The resulting programme of projects you will need to closely track and manage to ensure they deliver the business benefits expected.
Across operational delivery and projects, they are looking for strong performing metrics and reports to allow the business to effectively navigate how we use resources for the best possible business result. This role is instrumental in defining the standard metrics and reports.
- Long term capacity planning (Rough Cut Capacity Planning for Sales & Operations Planning process).
- Definition of capacity road map to support at least 2 peaks ahead and delivery.
- Definition of Capex requirements across Operations and structure projects required to deliver.
- Definition of long term resource / site plan for budgeting.
- Medium term capacity plan (weeks 2-8) and identification of bottlenecks (Master 'Production' Schedule for Sales & Operations Execution).
- Definition of Operations metrics and standard reports - navigation tools to understand status at any time. Handover to Operations for operational use and reporting.
- Definition of IT roadmap and co-project manage delivery with Product. Support Operations during implementation.
- Define, implement and maintain continuous improvement methodology at MV. Assure consistency across Operations.
- Analysis of metrics / data to identify efficiency improvements.
- S&OP experience, either as a key participant or someone that has been accountable to implement the process and drive improvement
- Capacity planning experience - how to roll up from detailed daily plans to weekly / monthly time buckets
- Project and programme management experience (managing multiple complex projects in parallel)
- Budgeting and forecasting financials and operational resources
- Understanding of pick, pack and ship operations or warehouse activities
- Understanding of inbound and returns processes
- Demonstrated ability to define performance metrics and reports to drive improvement
- Understanding and use of continuous improvement techniques; ideally implementation experience
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills