£30000 - £32000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
25 days ago
A leading Supply Chain solutions provider in the South West urgently requires a dynamic, customer-centric Operational Buyer to support one of its largest accounts by acting as their onsite Procurement representative.
You will be the first point of contact for all client Procurement needs, liaising with business units to accurately scope requirements, and fulfilling requisitions in a timely manner using preferred suppliers wherever possible.
This is a junior position suitable for someone early in their Procurement career who is eager to prove their worth, gain invaluable experience and be guided by a truly inspirational Head of Procurement.
The role is initially offered as a fixed term contract until the end of May 22; however, there is a good chance of this being extended, and the right person could even secure a permanent position.
Like any forward thinking employer, the business has adopted a hybrid working model in the wake of the pandemic. The expectation is that you will spend 1-2 days per week at the client site, plus a couple of days per month with the Group Procurement team.
If you're anxious to move up the Procurement ladder and enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, apply now.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar customer-facing, tactical buying role.
- First rate interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
- Highly motivated and organised, adept at juggling conflicting priorities and responding to client needs quickly and efficiently.
- Willing to travel to client site in Somerset and company head office in Wiltshire.
- Degree qualified / CIPS studier (desirable).
Please note: to be considered, you must be available to start before the end of October.