Up to £1 per annum + + benefits
about 1 year ago
I am currently working for a leading British logistics provider, who have an urgent requirement for an Operational Buyer to join their transport hub in Derby. You will take ownership of Subcontract Haulage from a Procurement perspective, working closely with the Operational teams to supply 3rd party vehicles and ensure continuation of service in hard to reach areas.
Daily duties will involve managing and maintaining existing contracts (including renewals and performance management), pre-qualification of haulers, updating insurance docs, running tenders and pricing analysis.
The ideal applicant will be highly self-motivated and able to manage their own workload effectively. This a great opportunity for a strong-minded individual to stamp their mark in a pivotal position within a market leading organisation.
- An operational background within Transport, Haulage, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Experience of running tenders and knowledge of the end to end procurement process
- A solid understanding of how subcontracts work
- First rate interpersonal skills - able to confidently engage and communicate with stakeholders and 3rd party hauliers
- Ability to manage/cleanse large data sets
If this opportunity is of interest please apply immediately and feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com