Amsterdam, North Holland
€61000 - €75000 per annum
4 months ago
Our Amsterdam based, global client is seeking an exceptional Ocean Freight Manager to drive strategy and grow their ocean freight business.
This role will involve acting as an internal consultant to business stakeholders, and you will need to use your depth of knowledge across logistics, 3PL and ocean freight to influence operational decisions and build strong relationships with senior managers.
You will lead, review, update and implement the ocean freight strategy across the business, and ensure a single transparent process to drive exceptional performance. In addition, you will be responsible for selecting and managing ocean freight partners in order to ensure maximum value is driven from these partnerships and best in class rates are negotiated. Therefore, experience of Supplier Relationship Management and negotiation with ocean freight suppliers is key. You will also ensure standard EDI links through an intermediary to give visibility of stock and costs at any time and be used to analysing significant volumes of data.
This is a pivotal role for a truly international business, which requires an individual with excellent stakeholder management skills, clear communication skills and above all the ambition to drive success.
You will have:
- A 3PL background with a strong understanding of Logistics
- In-depth expertise of Ocean Freight, in a very high volume global environment
- Be able to demonstrate Analytical Thinking, Vision & Strategy Development, Category & Supply Market Expertise
- Degree qualified
- Enjoying working with international stakeholders
- Be agile, inquisitive and enjoy bringing new ideas to the table
- Happy to work in Amsterdam and undertake some international travel
- Have fluent English language and writing skills
This is the chance to join a professional and very friendly team who will welcome you on board and provide excellent training and progression.
The interview process will allow you to meet all the key stakeholders and the client is more than happy to conduct the process and on-board remotely.
If you'd like further detail or to schedule a call please either respknd to this advert, drop your cv in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a LI message. I will be shortlisting applications this week and the client will move swiftly to interview.