Bury St Edmunds
£35000 - £45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Salary: £35-£45,000 Depending on Experience
Join a Special Purpose Machinery Manufacturing Business and play a pivotal role in their Design Team ensuring bespoke tailor made solutions are designed built and commissioned for applications across a client base that operates within Manufacturing Industrial Sectors including Defence, Aviation, Aggregates, Medical Devices, Chemical, Oil and Gas.
We are looking for a well rounded Mechanical Engineer who can prepare and modify 2D mechanical drawings for manufacturing, for vendor or customer use by studying engineering specifications creating layouts of the system components and parts.
You will need a sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria, including an understanding of material science and how components interact withe each other. You will also need to adhere to industry standards for design and an ability to verify products that do or do not conform to standards.
- Prepare and modify 2D mechanical drawings for manufacturing
- Create work orders and modify them per procedure related to all equipment
- Carry out mechanical and functional testing of equipment and spare parts
- Support engineering in sales process - providing relevant pricing details and cost estimates for potential projects
- Provide expertise to solve engineering problems
- Execute equipment contracts from purchase to delivery
- Support project execution and engineering during design and execution of projects from initial concept to final design approval
- Check engineering designs at customer level and ensure manufacturing of correct design and correct part.
- Participate and lead in material testing
Desired Skill and Experience
At least one of the below:
- 3+ Years in a similar environment
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Engineering
- HND or HNC with 2D Design in AutoCAD
If you want to work in an innovative and unique organisation who pride themselves on bespoke tailor-made solutions for wider Industrial Manufacturing clients then reach out to me directly today firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Now to find out more about this fascinating opportunity.