Amsterdam, North Holland
€60000 - €80000 per annum
about 1 year ago
A FTSE100 manufacturing business has an immediate requirement for a Maritime Logistics Manager to be based in Amsterdam.
- To drive and manage maritime freight strategy and daily execution to achieve optimal supply chain efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- To build relationships and robust processes to ensure a best in maritime freight operation.
- To manage day to day maritime freight process ensuring cost transparency and efficiency. The candidate should have a proven track record managing maritime freight operations to ensure visibility in both stock and is taking the appropriate decisions at the right time in the supply chain to ensure cost efficiency.
- Highlight process improvement opportunities and implement improvements. The candidate should have track record of implementing and improving processes to deliver a cost effective solution.
- Review, update and implement the maritime freight strategy across the company. Working with the senior management of both Group Logistics and the Supply Engine team the successful candidate will develop the existing strategy to ensure there is one approach across the business to drive optimum performance.
- The successful candidate should experience of developing and implementing a maritime freight strategy.
- Day to day management of maritime freight partners. The selection and management of their maritime freight partners will be a key requirement of the position. Prior experience is essential of extracting maximum value and will include, but not be limited to, ensuring standard EDI links to give visibility of stock and costs at any time.
- Collaborate with Procurement colleagues to ensure best in class maritime freight rates for existing and new lanes.
- Proven track record of successfully managing internal stakeholders and driving significant process change. Influencing the business stakeholders will be a very important part of the job.
- The use of data and facts will be key so the successful candidate should have advanced analytical and influencing skills.
- You should be degree qualified in logistics, maritime freight transportation or related field and have a demonstrable track record in maritime freight processes.
In return they offer an attractive salary/benefits package.