£60000 - £90000 per annum + + up to 40% bonus
2 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for Logistics Procurement Global Category Manager, responsible for execution and leading global sourcing strategies and geographic contract negotiations.
The Logistics Procurement Global Category Manager will have detailed knowledge of logistics, supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a geographic / global level.
Role: Logistics Procurement Global Category Manager
Location: London with hybrid working model
Salary: up to £90K + 40% bonus + car allowance
You will develop sourcing strategies and lead global and geographic sourcing plans and execution - liaise with Geographic Head of Procurement and Procurement Business Managers to align and validate plans with end market. This including providing "centre of excellence" logistic expertise to ensure the category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
Most importantly as a leader you will manage negotiation, supplier selection within the framework of the category strategies and apply the agreed global policies, standards.
- High level of commercial awareness and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- Ability to dissect third party logistics cost drivers from their tender response and develop negotiation strategies, to counter act and deliver savings.
- Five years' experience in matrix and complex environment with ability to development of complex, mulit-country contracts and agreements.
- Logistics and/or Operations experience, either gained working within the function and/or as specialist logistics lead within procurement, demonstrating three years of experience, preferably (whole or part) in an end market.
- Experience of sourcing at an above market / geographic level for a period of 2 years minimum.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to deliver added value benefits in addition to contracted benefits.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Experience in managing complex global projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to email@example.com. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.