£70000 - £92000 per annum + bonus
30 days ago
Role: Procurement Category Manager - Logistics
Location: UK. Work from home with some travel mainly across UK&I. (there are multiple offices across UK if you'd prefer to work from an office at times)
Salary: Competitive salary + bonus, car & broader package
Logistics Procurement Category Manager role. Excellent opportunity to join a FTSE 100, global manufacturing company that is one of the foremost leaders in their field. Fantastic work culture. Huge scope for progression in this role and you'll also drive the current global transformation across procurement and supply chain/logistics.
The role is focused on procurement, supplier management and operational implementation across the UK and international transport (3PL & carriers) and warehouses.
- Creating an environment to support Regional / country management and the business team to drive value through strategic partnerships with key Logistics Partners within the Region, and support the development of a Partner Strategy.
- Focusing on two key areas: 1/ Driving and delivering the new supplier strategy through innovative supplier commercial and operational relationships that secure the business in the future. 2/ Management of RFQ's / ITT's / RFI's in the Region either through directly managing the approach or assisting Regionally / Divisionally based Procurement teams.
- SME across all aspects of supplier management and spearhead the creation of an environment to support Regional Logistics and Supply Chain Management to drive value through strategic partnerships with key Logistics Partners and support the development of the Partner Strategy.
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience across strategic procurement and logistics. With some hands-on operational experience
- Knowledge of the Logistics marketplace, its development, strategic direction and the key players and capabilities
- Be customer service-focused. Recently worked closely with key haulier partners across the European regions and created/proven ongoing relationships with key suppliers at senior levels
- Direct and recent experience in running and operating large-scale RFQ's in a Logistics and Transport environment including managing and undertaking the analysis of responses, guiding decision making and presenting final solutions to key stakeholders
- Previous Analytical consultancy skills gained in an FMCG or Retail environment
- Decisiveness and commercial awareness + superior management and organisational skills
- Commercial and Contractual awareness and the ability to work closely with central or external legal teams
- Defined negotiation skills with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven capacity to be influential and amenable at all levels; a real TEAM player
- Excellent written and spoken English
To apply for this fantastic logistics opportunity please send your cv to email@example.com. 1st Executive are an exclusive supplier to this client and shortlisting will take place asap.