Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leading retail organisation, is looking to recruit a Lead Procurement Manager for Transport. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with procurement or category management experience focusing on Logistics who is looking to join an established Procurement function undergoing significant transformation.
The role: Lead Procurement Manager for Transport
In this role you will be responsible for Primary Transport category, working on delivering strategic development, planning and sourcing, driving value for money and efficiencies throughout the procurement lifecycle.
Leading a key category within Distribution function, annual spend for Primary transport >£400m across short sea, road and rail modes.
The Distribution & Fulfilment Procurement team are responsible for the sourcing of Logistics suppliers. This covers all transport, 3PL warehousing, international freight, agency labour for warehousing and transport operations, courier services, and fleet requirements. The D&F Procurement team works very closely with the Supply Chain team to guarantee that we have the best value and best service from our suppliers, and ensure Logistics meets customer requirements.
- Up to £75k
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Experience in transportation procurement and managing complex multi-million pound tenders
- Capability to lead large scale projects, driving innovation and best practice
- Ability to work cross functionally, with various stakeholders and negotiate with suppliers while building positive relationships
- High level of commercial savviness with ability to build and implement category strategies