19 days ago
Role: Junior Supply Chain Manager
Fantastic opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and agile market leading organisation that is going from strength to strength globally. This role will sit within their Aviation and Aerospace division.
The role is to join as a Junior Supply Chain Manager that will be responsible for providing the best in class procurement service in a cutting edge environment by developing and executing strategic sourcing projects. You will work on the procurement of technical equipment, custom-engineered products, software and components.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditation that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment
- Collaborate with the Category Management Team to identify opportunities to utilize extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- Ability to guide others through the bidding processes.
- Understands impact of external customer requirements, recommends solutions to minimize risk and improve probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Provides best practice advice to business users and junior members of staff.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams.
- Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders.
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Junior Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven contract negotiation and stakeholder influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of the full sourcing process; from design through to execution
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a Procurement or Supply Chain related role
If you, or someone you know would like further information please send a current CV to email@example.com or apply to this job ASAP.