West London, London
£45000 - £61000 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
IT Senior Category Manager
1st Executive has a unique opportunity working for a client situated on the border of West London and Surrey.
The IT Senior Category Manager is sitting within a complete Greenfield procurement function managing and collaborating with a broad stakeholder community, using your relationship management and influencing skills to gain and maintain crucial buy in and support for major strategic sourcing / procurement and category management initiative.
As the Procurement lead for IT, you will develop and manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including both EU and non EU tender.
*To apply for this role the client does not require previous public sector knowledge but someone who is a true IT procurement Specialist - ( Hardware, Software, Networks /Telecoms, Security, IT professional services, Storage, Virtualization...) We are not looking for someone necessarily who has experience in all , however it would be preferred*
- Identifying key IT category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
- Through a category management approach to managing expenditure identify and deliver significant improvement in value for money and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring procurement complies with the organisations financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
- Ensure a detailed understanding of the expenditure within the category, the suppliers, the products and services, the value for money and the existing supplier performance.
- Understanding current & future customer needs, constraints, innovation and developing fit for purpose requirement specifications.
- Managing markets through in depth understanding, influence and development of purchasing strategies to obtain the most economical offers and contract with suppliers.
- Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
- Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
- Managing procurement & contract documentation, tendering templates, record keeping and associated systems
Experience and Qualifications.
- Ideally MCIPS or Degree Qualified
- Significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowleedge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting
- Significant IT Procurement experience
Please apply now to find out more.