£55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Corporate Benefits
3 months ago
Role: IT Procurement Manager
Salary: Up to £65K + £4K Car Allowance + up to 18% Bonus + Defined Contribution Pension + Private Medical + Life Assurance + 27.5 Days Holiday
Location: London (2/3 days per week in the office)
A fantastic opportunity to join an IT Procurement team, who are driving innovation and commercial value across a Technology spend of c£400m. With a new CPO, and new Director of IT Procurement in post, this is the ideal time to join a team who are playing a critical role in facilitating a Tech Enabled, business wide, transformation which encompasses AI, Automation, Bi Data Cyber Security and Engineering / Operations. If you're passionate about identifying technology enabled solutions that improve customer experience and drive efficiencies across day to day operations for a business which creates 650 million data points daily, we'd love to hear from you!
Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager, you will directly engage and influence an IT & Technology spend portfolio of c£60 - £70 million. You will partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive operational efficiencies through tech innovation, whilst developing commercial partnerships with new and emerging suppliers who are able to challenge the status quo, proactively seeking positive impacts to collaboratively deliver first class value for the business and protect it from risk.
- Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading the category team in the sourcing through to award of specified category of goods and services to meet internal customer's needs.
- You'll challenge and guide to drive effective procurement strategies that maximise financial and non-financial value delivery.
- You'll work collaboratively with other Procurement Team members to make most effective use of the resources available across the procurement functions through a 'pooled resource' way of working.
- You'll be able to provide expert negotiation guidance and support to maximise value delivery or mitigate risk across the category.
- Act as a commercial and contractual escalation point for business area customers and contract managers.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Experience of managing multiple IT Sourcing projects - working at pace to challenging deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion to help shape and develop the organisations Procurement service.
- Proven ability to apply professional expertise to develop and implement innovative procurement solutions across IT & Technology categories.
- Is a proven negotiator and has been trained in negotiation principles and a track record of savings delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to lead in cross-functional teams and confidently operate at all levels with internal business and suppliers.