£65000 - £75000 per annum
about 1 month ago
1st-executive are recruiting for a insurance firm based in Milton Keynes, supporting them on a procurement recruitment campaign as as they go through a period of transformation and growth. Our client seeks to recruit an IT Category Specialist to undertake a key role in their group Procurement function. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring full end - end sourcing, tendering, negotiation and stakeholder management, aim to drive commercial value across the business.
Paying up to £75,000 + hybrid working (1 -2 days in Milton Keynes for stakeholders and collaboration with team )
Both progression and development are on offer here, with a clear road-map to success lined out with promotion opportunities within 12 - 18 months / management of buyers in the org should you want to go down the management route.
- You will be responsible for managing the wider technology services category, procuring across software, telco, networks and data centers. Any exposure to the likes of cognizant, wipro, Experian, msft would be a nice to have.
- You will be a lead, assisting the Head of Procurement in the development and delivery of the technology Procurement strategy.
- Lead negotiation of contracts with suppliers under agreed authority levels, working with in house or external legal counsel where appropriate.
- You will be responsible for providing first stop in-house contractual advice in relation to supplier contracts.
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders, and prioritisation skills managing multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines.
- Experience in an indirect category strategic procurement / supplier management role delivering commercial value.
- Degree Educated or CIPS Qualified/Building towards CIPS
Interviews to be arranged ASAP. Please apply with your CV.