Up to £90000 per annum
over 1 year ago
IT Procurement Category Manager - upto £90K + Excellent Package
-Benefits: 4x Pension l + 4 x Life Assurance
-London based (EC): Flexible hybrid - office 1-2 days per week/rest hybrid work from home
-Role type: FTC -Jan 2023 | Fulltime| London
Looking for a career defining challenge?
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the design and development of a Green Field start up!
The primary responsibility of the IT Procurement Manager role is to act as the procurement POC to manage the end-to-end procurement process and cultivate strong stakeholder partnerships around the related IT categories, whilst executing the regional buying strategies of "Sourcing to Contract "for the dedicated category areas, to ensure the effective and quality general procurement service in support of business speed-to-market.
This includes driving procurement compliance, managing commercial risk, delivering fair costs for the organisation and negotiating regional agreements including prices and terms.
The individual will focus on managing the related spend portfolio covering IT hardware (End User Computing), IT managed services, elements of telecoms and software as well as the associated professional services relating to IT.
It is also expected that the jobholder be able to interact closely with cross-function teams and build effective relationships with the key stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate should lead upcoming IT projects - both of which present 'greenfield' opportunities for procurement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical contractual aspects to senior leaders within and external to the IT Organization
- Able to demonstrate IT expertise and knowledge of data presentation e.g. use of databases, reports, Excel spreadsheets etc
- Excellent customer service, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Fluent in English, required by the scope of role; and any other language is an asset
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Preferably a fully qualified member of CIPS
- Minimum 5-7 years of dedicated procurement experiences, ideal candidates come from multinational companies, or well-known Social Media, IT, Science and Technology companies
- Must have understanding of software licensing and IT networks and infrastructure, data center technology, end user, mobile, etc.
- Deep and well-established negotiation and influencing skills in all areas of vendor/supplier management
- Recognised professional qualification (e.g. CIPS) preferred