£52000 - £61000 per annum
3 months ago
Do you want to be involved in cutting edge digital services & technology procurement?
Looking for a career in one of only 17 organisations globally to be awarded CIPS Platinum Award for Procurement Excellence?
Job title: IT Commercial Lead
Location: WFH/Hybrid - Birmingham, Leeds, Bedford, Bristol. (1 DAY IN OFFICE)
Salary: up to £61,500
The company believes that connecting people builds communities, creates opportunities, and helps the nation thrive. The main aim is to provide all customers with safe and reliable journeys through operating, maintaining, and enhancing one of the most advanced road networks in the world.
They take huge pride in attracting the best talent, from those who design our roads to those who patrol them, at all levels you play vital part in keeping customers safe.
The Commercial & Procurement Digital Services & Technology Team are seeking individuals to join us at this exciting time as we support our Digital Roads programme and our Digital data and technology strategy. We have a number of vacancies across a range of digital services and technology categories..
- Assume commercial responsibility for your category and ownership of the category strategies.
- Development, review, negotiation and execution of allocated contracts and the commercial management of related suppliers.
- Identify and deliver cost reduction and value add initiatives that increase efficiency whilst maintaining performance and managing risk.
- Provide commercial support and guidance to a range of stakeholders, ensuring "best outcome" commercial solutions are delivered in line with company objectives, Commercial/Procurement and Category strategies. Ensure enactment of sound governance and practice.
- Deal with complex contract and procurement documents and be able to provide guidance to others on their meaning and use. Work within agreed contract and financial delegations and ensure integrity of the procurement process.
- Drive continual improvement in health and safety performance demonstrating a strong understanding of Five Year Health & Safety Plan and how Procurement Division contributes to this.
- Experience in delivering procurement and commercial services in a large technology focussed environment with a good understanding of public procurement and legal processes, policies and their application to complex procurements.
- Work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders to support stakeholder management and gain buy-in using appropriate communication channels articulating requirements and potential commercial and sourcing solutions.
- Lead the development of category strategies, product road maps and sourcing plans.
- Cultivate and encourage an awareness of cost, using clear simple examples of benefits and how to measure outcomes.
- Enable valued and measurable improvements in developing high performing teams and culture change across the team to improve performance. Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.