IT Category Manager
£450 - £500 per annum
4 months ago
INTERIM - IT Category Manager, £450 - £500 p/d
Derby - INDIRECT PROCUREMENT /Interim
I am currently working with a reputable Engineering/Transport company who are leading operators in the East Midlands. My client is based in Derby and are offering flexible working with 2 days in the office on site and 3 days from home.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help them to push the boundaries to best serve their customers! My client is one of the most relied upon businesses in the Midlands so making sure we can add firepower to the I.T. Procurement function to adapt is essential.
This role aligns with the IT function and is intended to provide the additional skills required for leading compliant tendering processes, compiling contracts, ensuring commercial governance and management of third-party suppliers. The business follows the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016 (UCR 2016) and therefore Public Sector knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Interim IT Category Manager - £450 - £500 p/d (Derby Based) 2 Days in office, 3 days home
Role: IT Category Manager
Salary: £450 - £500 p/d inside IR35
Location: Derby (2 days in office 3 days from home)
- Partnering with your stakeholders efficiently to provide procurement support to 3rd party activities across the group.
- Development of the sourcing strategies for IT to support the implementation of third-party interactions in line with procurement processes.
- Where suitable support the delivery of group objectives and sourcing strategies to ensure best value from procurement exercises.
- Creation of contractual agreements with suppliers insuring the inclusion of the latest legislation and company policies.
- Leading the sourcing activity to identify the right suppliers & delivery partners for business in line with company policies.
- Undertake contract review meetings with customers and suppliers to develop working relationships through negotiation to maintain and strengthen companies' performance.
- Advise and support the budget holders on the best practice for obtaining best value for money and the highest quality for IT goods and services.
- Supporting the delivery of IT and Procurement KPIs throughout the National Rail Contract taking appropriate measures to ensure KPIs are met and surpassed.
- Strong background knowledge of contractual agreements and development of terms to delivery strong performance.
- Knowledge of Procurement ERP systems, eSourcing tools and MS Office.
- Knowledge and skill in Procurement process, (scoping, briefing, tendering, selection, contract negotiation, including service level agreements, and management of supplier)
- Strong understanding of technical element IT infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Professional Qualification in Procurement (such as MCIPS) or related discipline.
- Understanding of IT specific contracting and licensing arrangements and terms of business.
- High degree of commercial acumen coupled with excellent organisational and documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with a Knowledge of Public Sector procurement policies, processes and procedures would be desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in the role please apply and I will be in touch!