South West London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Procurement Category Manager (IT Spend)
Role: IT Category/Procurement Manager (Hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £65,000
Location: Heathrow, United Kingdom
One of my innovative/digitally transformed Global Clients within the Aerospace industry are currently looking for a Category/Purchasing Manager who is looking to take on their next exciting IT procurement challenge. This is a key position within the procurement team to manage the IT spend and help transform the digital IT space across the business. It will include hardware (eg: digital tags), software and managed service provision. The position will work closely with key stakeholders to create and implement strategy.
Experience within the Aerospace industry isn't a must have and my client is quite open to this, IT experience is the main contributing factor to this role and how much in depth IT you have covered previously, and transformations will be a big bonus.
- Set up and complete the digital transformation for the IT category and work alongside the IT team throughout to gain best success.
- Share and implement the category strategy with senior stakeholders.
- Source from credible vendors where you see best value for new outsourcing
- Identify opportunities to create value and implement them through negotiation, data analysis, market insights, process improvement or any other appropriate means.
- Effectively work with colleagues to challenge ways of working and improving the IT function.
- Manage supplier performance and seek operational improvements.
- Ensure clear documentation and business understanding of supplier agreements.
- College degree in Business, Economics, or related field to Procurement.
- Previous procurement experience, ideally in professional services.
- Knowledge of cargo/MRO operations and/or ULD management preferred but not a must.
- Experience leading procurement of an IT category or sub-category.
- Ability to travel abroad. (Roughly once a month)
If you think you have the relevant experience for this role or are interested in taking on your next challenge, please apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible.