£55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance
23 days ago
I have a fantastic opportunity to join an experienced High Performing Procurement team who jointly manage a portfolio of £300 - £350 million within the IT Procurement team, dealing with some of the leading industry players such as IBM, Microsoft and many more. If you are looking for exposure, enjoy a challenge and want to be part of a large-scale Procurement Transformation project then this could be the role for you!
As part of a team reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager, the role will see you manage a portfolio between £60 - £70 million worth of IT Categories with extensive supplier and stakeholder engagement/relationship management. You will explore the market for best suitable suppliers, renew current contracts, proactively seeking any potential positive impacts to collaboratively deliver first class value for the business and protect it from risk.
Role: IT Category Manager
Salary: Up to £60K + £3,000 Car allowance + Pension
Location: Chesterfield (3/4 days per month in the office)
- Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading the category team in the sourcing through to award of specified category of goods and services to meet internal customer's needs.
- You'll challenge and guide to drive effective procurement strategies that maximise financial and non-financial value delivery.
- Manage an IT portfolio in the region of £60 million - £70 million with the long-term view of maximising suppliers value in upcoming contract renewals and new contracts.
- You'll work collaboratively with other Procurement Team members to make most effective use of the resources available across the procurement functions through a 'pooled resource' way of working.
- You'll be able to provide expert negotiation guidance and support to maximise value delivery or mitigate risk across the category.
- Act as a commercial and contractual escalation point for business area customers and contract managers.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Experience of managing multiple projects/project strands at once and working at pace to challenging deadlines.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a passion to help shape and develop the organisations Procurement service.
- Skilled in program & change management and can demonstrate application with a technical background with procurement experience.
- Proven ability to apply professional expertise to develop and implement innovative procurement solutions.
- Is a proven negotiator and has been trained in negotiation principles and a track record of savings delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to lead in cross-functional teams and confidently operate at all levels with internal business and suppliers.
If you have the relevant IT experience I am looking for and enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic environment and really want to make a change, then this sounds like the right role for you!
If you would like to organise a conversation my email is email@example.com