£50000 - £60000 per annum
SS - 14140_1594310405
9 months ago
IT Category Manager - 12 Month FTC
IT Category Manager required for an immediate start for a 12 month FTC based in Wiltshire.
This is a strategic category management position responsible for specific projects across the breath of IT & Teleco spend.
- Develop a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements in conjunction with cross functional stakeholders stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of strategic sourcing plans
- Continually lead and challenge the evaluation and identification of requirements
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supplier relationships, formalise relevant supply MSA/contracts
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through quarterly reviews with suppliers. Work closely with the operations in order to deliver a robust supplier management programme
- Continually strive to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
- To deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management and to implement and maintain new policies and procedures and ensure that best practice Procurement processes are continually developed and used
- Monitor compliance with central agreements by requesting supplier reports, carrying out site visits, liaising with Group Audit
- Manage all central agreements by facilitating the maintenance of the central database of contracts, central systems, pricing details and other legal documentation.
- Support the business by providing professional procurement advice and support for business development opportunities with new and existing customers on an on-going and ad-hoc basis.
- To rationalise the supply base to a manageable level and maximise profitability whilst fully understanding the operational requirement and thereby minimising risk and liabilities.
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards
- Excellent analytical, commercial and negotiation skills are essential
- Experience of procuring and managing complex IT & Telcoms services
- High level of market knowledge and ability to demonstrate thought leadership
- A good level of distribution market knowledge will be advantageous
- A self-starter with ability of gaining knowledge quickly.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Management experience within a Corporate Procurement environment with a good base knowledge of category management
- Experience of leading procurement governance and demonstrable delivery of high value in a challenging environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to influence.
This is an urgent requirement with a deadline of Monday 13th July so, to discuss, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.