City of London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
27 days ago
Salary: Up to £90K + Bonus + Final Salary Pension + Free Travel
Location: Multiple London Offices (Hybrid working - 2.5 days p/w)
1st Executive are delighted to bring to market an exclusive & retained recruitment campaign for a high-profile public sector organisation who are playing a key role in London's economic recovery, generating in excess of 9bn in revenue for the capital p/a, whilst supporting the Major's objective of achieving a Net Zero target by 2030 - creating a better quality of life for all of its communities now and in the future!
IT & Technology Procurement Team:
There has been no better time to join as our client undertakes a significant transformation journey, with the strategic objective of providing a best in class IT & Technology Procurement capability which will deliver value through innovation and risk mitigation across a £1bn p/a IT & Technology Procurement spend base - helping to future proof customer experience, enable a digital workforce, strengthen cyber defences and improve resilience, whilst helping to maximising revenue generation opportunities and reduce operating costs. In collaboration with the IT stakeholder community, the IT & technology Procurement team play a key role in helping 30,000 employees be more productive in their jobs.
- As the IT Category Lead for Hosting - you will own a spend portfolio of c£85m p/a, with the larger "investment" projects often valued at up to c£20m.
- You will be familiar with developing commercial sourcing and contract management solutions for Cloud, Data Centre's, IT Security (Ransomware) and have experience of sourcing from the public sector IT frameworks (i.e. G-Cloud)
- You will be analytical yet personable, building relationships with Tech & Data stakeholders.
- You will be responsible for leading, motivating and challenging a team of 2 directs reports
- Experience of sourcing and managing IT contracts across the entire IT portfolio - ideally encompassing work with Tier 1 vendors such as Dell, Oracle, Citrix, AWS and Microsoft
- Experience with top-tier IT suppliers and an understanding of their offerings, differentiator and commercial models,
- Familiarity with relevant Public Sector procurement regulations,
- Lead the commercial team to deliver effective end to end commercial services for a defined category of spend,
- Ability to build strong relationships with key business stakeholders, providing appropriate challenge and thought leadership to influence and support business decision making,
- Identify and manage project commercial risks and provide reporting and assurance to the business that project risks are appropriately identified, mitigated and managed,
- Lead and develop a team to ensure high quality commercial outcomes.