Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£30000 - £50000 per annum
27 days ago
1st-Executive have a mandate sitting with a top tier digital banking business, searching for a IT Buyer.
You will have your own category to manage end to end which includes setting the strategy, negotiating supplier contracts and working with business stakeholders, you will also support other category specific opportunities as they present themselves, making this a great opportunity to upskill and gain exposure in various areas of IT and IT services category management, working on mid to large scale projects.
Although not crucial a solid understanding of IT Software or IT Outsource Services would be beneficial to the role of IT Category Buyer.
Specifically you will:
- Develop a robust understanding of market dynamics for a range of categories of spend as well as gaining a detailed knowledge of business strategies
- Negotiate new and existing supplier contracts, including pricing and other commercial terms, to deliver savings and manage supply risk
- Establish rapport and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Build beneficial relationships with our suppliers, from innovative technology companies through to niche start-ups
- Gain experience using and embedding market-leading Procurement tools and systems