Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Competitive package
6 months ago
1st Executive is working with a global energy company, based in Leeds, to recruit an IT & Indirect Procurement Category Specialist to lead an energized, fast moving and dynamic Procurement Team. The client are seeking Procurement Specialists with drive, passion and energy to work in their team and put their personal stamp on the IT & Indirect category strategy, as well as leading some of the major change initiatives they are putting in place to create a sustainable energy system for the next generation.
The main purpose of this role is to manage an assigned sub-category to ensure short and long term value through formulation and implementation of sub category sourcing strategies to achieve the business objectives and/or the lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Demonstrates experience across indirect/IT procurement, gained in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of mentoring/leading functional reports
- Evidence of strategic influencing surrounding the supplier base and leading negotiations
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, ideally gained in a complex multi-divisional environment
- Relevant qualification to degree and/or Chartered MCIPS (or equivalent) is required