East Riding of Yorkshire, England
£325 - £350 per day
11 months ago
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 Manufacturing Organisation, who are seeking an experienced Test Manager with either ISTQB or CMST qualifications to join the department on an interim contract ahead of some interesting project work in IT.
- The Test Manager role is a key project role and is considered part of the Project leadership group.
- You will be a qualified Test Manager holding either ISTQB or CMST qualifications and be familiar with the HP ALM11 Test Management Suite.
- You will be an experienced Test Manager and have previously managed testing for data warehouse based Business Intelligence solutions.
- You should be able to communicate effectively to all members of the project team from senior stakeholders to solution analysts and developers.
- You will ensure that testing is completed on time and to the required level of quality.
- Participate in the business requirements workshops and functional design reviews to ensure understanding of the planned solution and system changes.
- Ensure documented requirements are clear, unambiguous and testable.
- Guide the project team on appropriate test strategies and test coverage approach (test once, fail early, risk based test coverage) and update the Test Strategy and Plan based on lessons learned from previous phases of the project.
- Assist with the development of test scripts and test steps to assure appropriate test coverage and that quality expectations are met (lead script design reviews).
- Review existing test library, support analysis of defects from Phase 1 to identify additional required test cases.
- Establish structure, folders and progress dashboards in HP ALM
- Manage the development and upload of test scripts to ALM for all test stages and cycles (FT,SIT, UAT, Regression)
- Produce and secure approvals for all test related documentation (Entry Plans, Exit Reports, Final test report) - Ensure that all necessary documentation is in place well in advance.
- Create Test schedule (weekly buckets) and report actuals versus plan daily to the team. Manage all test execution activities to conclusion to ensure the test schedule remains aligned to the main project plan.
- Establish, manage and mitigate test dependencies, risks and issues as appropriate
- Manage defect resolution - coordinating with defect assignees to establish anticipated resolution in line with plan and holding them accountable.
- Interact with all testers, support timely retesting,
- Communicate with project stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure they are kept informed of progress against plan
- Escalate any schedule impacts and/or quality issues which cannot be resolved to the Project IT Delivery Owner and Project Manager
- Education: To degree level
- Licenses/Certifications: ITQSB or CMST or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar position
- Competencies: Teamwork, Analytical skills, Interpersonal Skills, Business Acumen