£500 - £600 per day
7 months ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative sustainable technology organisations has an urgent requirement for an interim Tax Specialist to provide support the Head of Tax Reporting and Compliance.
This is an initial 6-month role offering up to £600 p/d inside IR35. Client is based in central London but offering majority home working.
The team is responsible for all areas of Group Tax reporting, UK compliance and has oversight of overseas global tax compliance. The tax function is currently going through a transformation project, with increased focus on tax controls and automation to enable UK compliance and group reporting to be completed more efficiently with robust controls in place. This is a great opportunity for a tax professional to gain experience in shaping the way the tax function operates with interaction at a local, sector and global level.
Given the timings of the contract we would anticipate the main areas of responsibilities to be:
- Working closely with the UK businesses to finalise the UK tax computations for year ended 31 March 2021 (using Onesource).
- Amend tax computations for FY20 for any resubmissions required to be made (using Alphatax).
- Assist advisors with the preparation of the R&D and patent box claims for FY21.
- Prepare CFC and interest restriction calculations for FY21.
- Prepare CBCR return for FY21.
- Complete a reconciliation exercise of the UK tax creditor with HMRC and reconcile to the UK group balance.
- Manage the tax reporting process for the UK businesses for FY22 year-end reporting. This process is currently being revised as part of a transformation process and you will be expected to assist in the implementation for the FY22 year end.
- To assist with the preparation of the group consolidated tax numbers for year-end FY22 reporting.
- To provide tax accounting advice, support and training where necessary across the Group to ensure they have the framework to be compliant with latest accounting standards and Group policies.
- Help prepare responses to any HMRC enquiries arising from UK corporation tax filings and R&D Expenditure Credit claims.
- Obtain UK residence certificates from HMRC as required by the UK businesses.
- Ensure that all relevant UK corporate tax claims and elections are made within the relevant time limits.
- Carry out any other duties which are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA and/or CTA) along with relevant experience of hands-on tax reporting including group consolidations and UK tax compliance.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in UK tax compliance in a professional services firm or multinational company.
- Knowledge of IFRS tax reporting and deferred tax accounting
- Strong organizational skills / experience with the ability to identify and prioritise key areas and effectively manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Experience of using Onesource tax compliance software.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Excel, experience of tax automation would beneficial.
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn and develop their knowledge base.
This is an extremely urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.