£400 - £500 per day
2 months ago
Interim VAT Lead
An excellent interim opportunity for a VAT Lead to join a Global Manufacturing Lead, and play a key role in the review and transformation of all VAT and Indirect Tax activity.
This is a 12-month contract, based in Hertfordshire, with a hybrid approach to working from home offering between £500 p/d.
You will hold full responsibility for all VAT end-to-end processes and submissions in the relevant business unit, primarily UK-centric, but with a view for future global scope. Ensuring that VAT transactions are correct and compliant, you will oversee indirect tax issues, risk, process efficiency and drive capital savings.
- Lead the transformation of end-to-end VAT processes.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of processing and completing VAT transactions across the team.
- Oversee VAT and GST compliance, ensuring accurate VAT reporting.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place in Tax control accounts.
- Provide information and reporting to Group Tax, external auditors and tax authorities.
- Support leadership with transactional tax queries.
- Support Supply Chain in accuracy and completeness of customs tax transactions.
- Oversee the update of manuals and procedures, and drive the improvement of tax processes.
- Accounting or Tax qualified - ACA, CIMA, CTA or equivalent.
- Experience managing the transformation of Tax processes and controls, within a global, matrix organisation.
- Strong understanding of local tax rules.
- Excellent skills of influence and engagement to a senior level, across functions and geographies.
- Good tax compliance, tax management and Change competency.
This is an urgent requirement - if interested please apply asap.