£550 - £1000 per day
10 days ago
The Director of Inclusive Growth is responsible for shaping, driving, and supporting efforts to deliver economic development and physical regeneration that benefits local people, with no-one left behind. This means capitalising on client Growth Opportunity to drive greater economic prosperity and improvements in the physical infrastructure of the borough, while ensuring that residents benefit from these advances and that the place itself is cherished and enhanced for the long-term.
Role: Interim Sustainability Director for Inclusive Growth
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £122,200 pro rata
You will be an experienced senior manager with a background in strategy, policy, and programme development. You will understand the complexities of a local authority and our operating environment, but do not necessarily need to have worked for one. Developing strategy will come naturally to you, as will turning policy into action.
You will be a strong influencer; with many of our operational programmes delivered by others, you will be comfortable providing oversight and guidance to indirectly led teams, giving high levels of assurance throughout.
To succeed in this role, you will be a natural collaborator and system leader that is willing and able to build upon our well-established partnerships, ensuring there is collective focus and accountability on delivering positive change and action.
Ultimately, we are looking for you to embrace change, seize opportunities and disrupt what is normal, to deliver positive outcomes for those living and working within the borough, ensuring no one is left behind.
Experience and Skills
- Substantial relevant leadership and management experience at a senior level in a local authority or an organisation with experience of successfully delivering high levels of customer service and performance
- A record of achievement in identifying and effectively managing the risk inherent in the delivery of services - holding to account the performance of teams/suppliers/businesses/contracts that work for the public sector clients
- Successful track record in the matrix management of staff groups.
- Regeneration experience
- Strength in a relevant discipline - economist, social inclusion, economic or business development
- Effective strategic policy & management skills which demonstrate the ability to transfer into this role
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.