£300 - £400 per day
about 2 months ago
A major London airport is looking for an Interim Supplier Manager to join their procurement and supply chain function.
This is a 6-month interim role offering between £300-£400 p/d inside IR35 and hybrid working.
The Supplier Manager will be responsible for conducting market research and market sounding activities to understand appetite, capacity, risks/ opportunities from the marketplace regarding future procurement contract opportunities (e.g. common components and commodities).
- Lead on market research and market sounding exercises relating to requests from the wider Procurement Team and contribute towards the delivery of others as required.
- Lead on gathering potential supplier opportunities from the wider Procurement Team and upload them onto the Supplier Management platform so they are visible to external suppliers.
- Train and assist the clients largest suppliers (tier 1) regarding the uploading of their supplier opportunities onto the Supplier Management platform.
- Working with the data team as required to help deliver supplier risk reports that include financial news, corporate structure and critical contracts, financial risk reporting across the 3 procurement portfolios (Operations, Cyber and technology and Infrastructure) Provide ongoing operational support in the maintenance of all sources of SM data and tools.
- Monitor and manage the Supplier Management enquiries mailbox that can consist of general enquiries, including potential suppliers, co-ordinating with the procurement team and relevant business stakeholders.
- Update the Supplier database of potential companies Work with other members of the Procurement Team where cross working between various groups and Supplier Management is needed.
- Supported by professional qualifications or able to demonstrate equivalent capability.
- Knowledge of large infrastructure/aviation supply market and organisations.
- Experience of market research and market sounding activities including drafting questionnaires and producing reports.
- Ability to engage large complex supply chains and Industry Groups Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with peers, colleagues, and stakeholders and, where necessary influence others whilst building strong working relationships.
- Experience of conducting objective analysis of supplier information (including financial, risks and opportunities)
- Familiar with the commercial and contract delivery lifecycle including key activities during market engagement, procurement and delivery