West Sussex, England
£60 - £65 per hour
8 days ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative medical device organisations has an urgent requirement for an Interim Operations Manager.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering between £60-£65 p/h inside of IR35 based in West Sussex with some remote working available.
- -Manages inventory flow and ensure adherence to production schedules.
- Supervises shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, stacking, picking and packaging of material.
- Ensures the department's cost-efficient operation by implementing and selecting the most cost-efficient carrier, negotiates on shipping rates, as appropriate, etc.
- Prepares and analyzes inventory reports to identify slow-moving or surplus stock.
- Determines space requirements for storage, schedules delivery and distribution of parts and materials to achieve distribution objectives.
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carry costs.
- Recommends changes in procedures to improve the operation efficiency of the unit.
- Ensures the department meets all transportation laws.
- Determines the policy for the logistics department of the Product Line.
- Manages an integral logistics department via a number of group leaders.
- Formulates the short term (1 year) logistics policy.
- Specifies the conditions for lowering costs, improving response time and shortening through times.
- Takes action, draws up a package of logistics measures, evaluates the alternatives and their consequences and gives advice to the business management in the event that priorities have to be set for product deliveries.
This is an extremely urgent requirement so if it is of interest please give apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.