Interim Supply Chain Manager £35 P.H
£30 - £35 per hour
about 1 month ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative Aerospace and Defence firms has an urgent requirement for an Interim Supply Chain Manager.
This is a 12-month contract offering up to £35 p/h inside IR35 and hybrid working from Bristol offices - 3 days per week on site.
In the frame of development (NPI), serial production, in service and MRO, the job holder is accountable within the assigned scope to ensure on Quality, on-time deliveries by managing milestones, product life cycle reviews and deliverables coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
Head of Supply Chain Quality Management
Supplier (multiple functions & possibly critical sub-tiers)
Procurement (CM, PSM, SDM, SO, lead SCQM, PQM, TC&L)
Programme lines, Engineering, Production, and Quality
The individual is the key supplier interface to ensure all supply risks are anticipated and mitigated and a preventative surveillance plan is implemented.
- Act as key operational supplier interface and inspire trust & teamwork between suppliers
- Ensure on Quality, on-time deliveries to protect business operations, by managing milestones, product life cycle reviews and deliverables coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Protect production through correcting, improving and developing suppliers delivery and quality performance including related follow up of action plans
- Monitor, control and drive progress, Identify and Mitigate risks & opportunities, Communicate status & plans and Escalate where relevant
- Monitor and control supplier performance and define and lead/monitor recovery and improvement actions when needed, on live programs and in preparation of the future
- Manage corrective action plans to avoid re-occurrences and therefore reduce the number of deviations and concessions
- Defining product, supplier, site, qualification, inspection and surveillance plan with all relevant contributors
- Verify Compliance to applicable requirements and secure industrial Maturity (supplier capability & capacity) with product /supplier audit, inspection and assessment (APQP, Control Plan, Product Quality Issue Resolution and Management (Q6), Production Process Verification (FAI), Quality Gates End-to-End, Process Capability and Statistical Process Control, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), IPCA, CCP's, Transfer of Work.
- Contribute to deployment of SC&Q standards, methods & tools
- Lead VRB and represent SCQ operations in various forums (e.g. SED, TEB, MFT)
- Contribute to Sub-Commodity strategy through active participation to MFTs including supplier selection, contract set up and supplier development needs
- Live the values and be a role model for Ethics and Compliance in day to day relationship with supplier