Interim Sourcing Specialists £40 p/h
£30 - £40 per hour
4 months ago
One of the world's largest Grid Solutions providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Sourcing Specialist to join their expanding procurement function.
This is an initial 6-month interim contract offering up to £40 P/H inside IR35 for a candidate to be based in Stafford. Hybrid working offered with Mondays and Fridays being remote days.
Lead Sourcing Specialist, who will:
Manage a defined set of commodities for the HVDC business in Stafford, covering Structures, Metals, Bespoke parts, Bought out Assemblies, C Class
Accountable for developing, leading and implementing activities to deliver on safety, quality, delivery and landed/lifecycle cost for the assigned commodities.
Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers
Negotiate terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement
Negotiate supplier Contracts, build and strengthen supplier relationships
Duties include, but are not limited to :
- Manage sourcing strategy in line with existing global sourcing processes
- Ensure delivered products meet quality & on time delivery standards
- Support, maintain, and update key sourcing tools, processes, and systems
- Generate cost reduction and cash management actions
- Secure Supply Chain through Sourcing actions
- Benchmark & challenge current supplier portfolio
- Manage KPIs reporting and consolidation within the whole local sourcing group
- Strong collaboration with Key Commodity Leaders.
- Work closely with Tendering activities to ensure accuracy
- Facilitate action plan when Quality or Logistics issues with suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in Sourcing / Supply Chain Management
- Previous Sourcing experience appreciated
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles, and procedures
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, including some knowledge of intermediate level Excel functionality
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast paced work environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
- Highly motivated and aggressive self-starter
- Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Negotiation skills
- Experience with RFQ implementation and execution
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.