£180 - £220 per day
about 1 year ago
Interim Sourcing Specialist - £180 to £220 per day
My client, a world-leading utilities manufacturing organisation, are seeking a Sourcing Specialist with relevant category experience and excellent leadership skills. This interim role is based in Warwickshire on a 9-month contract, paying between £180 and £220 per day, depending on experience.
As Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for the operational side of sourcing and procurement across a wide range of commodities including Fabrications, Instrumentation, Machining and Forgings.
- Lead the execution of the local sourcing strategy; deliver a competitive advantage by driving the strategic supplier initiatives, selection, development, and consolidation to ensure optimal business performance
- Execute across the purchase base, with full accountability for meeting deflation (savings), usage, cash and preferred supplier targets
- Own the day-to-day execution of the transactional procurement process, including approving a PO
- Convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders and manage the purchase orders until closed (NCR's/Invoice Queries etc.)
- Manage Engineering Changes on open orders within the supply chain
- Manage the operational relationship with suppliers
- Optimize inventory and process improvements
- Resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise
- 4 years of experience working within manufacturing
- Category experience across Fabrications, Instrumentation, Machining and Forging
- Experience working with logistics providers on an international scale
- Proven track record across sourcing and achieving savings
- Experience working with an international company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
To apply for this role, please submit an application, or send an email to Claire.Shipman@1st-executive.com and attach a copy of your CV. I look forward to hearing from you soon.