£22 - £23 per hour
about 1 month ago
One of the world's largest and most innovative grid solutions providers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Sourcing Manager.
This is an initial 6-month contract offering £ 23p/h inside IR 35 for a candidate to be based in Rugby.
Working cross-functionally within the sourcing role is responsible for supporting the procurement decisions and its requirements for system & balance of plant requirements on all systems projects.
Reporting to the Systems Sourcing Manager you will be part of a Systems Souring team responsible for engaging with Sales, Engineering, Quality and Finance teams throughout the tendering process and will help identify the most competitive sources whilst enforcing sourcing strategies for each commodity. Additionally, where required the role will support the Systems Sourcing Manager with internal workflows for activities such as supplier maintenance and onboarding of new suppliers, cost initiatives etc.
- Supporting the supplier RFQ prospect processes to ensure rapid response for competitive, compliant, commercial proposals.
- Desirable experience with commodities; Switchgear, Transformers, Power Electronics, E-Houses, Motors, Generators, and Instrumentation
- Supporting the negotiation phases prior to contracting, including, securing the most advantageous terms and conditions (Inco, Warranty, Payment etc)
- Support the development of commodity strategies and proactively support commodity initiatives.
- Identify and assess new competitive sources of supply.
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Manage the status of prospects and support any related supplier performance issues.
- Support escalation issues for invoice payments to resolution.
- Support additional tasks as assigned by UK Systems Sourcing Manager.
Qualifications / Requirements;
- Degree or CIPS desirable.
- Ability to understand legal terms and contract negotiation.
- Ability to read and interpret BOM's and technical drawings.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Efficient with SAP and AP systems.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Capable operating at all levels in the Systems business
- Cross-functional openness and Team-player attitude.
If this opportunity is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.email@example.com to find out more.