£35 - £40 per hour
SS - 14087_1588253404
about 1 year ago
Interim Software Controls Lead - Staffordshire
You will be responsible for the delivery of the Controls Software component of an HVDC system and will report to the Software Delivery Manager within the Controls Software Function (Delivery team for the HVDC).
You will manage an Agile (Scrum) team of Engineers comprising Software Developers, Software Validation & Systems Engineers. You will be responsible for liaising with the Project Manager in order to ensure that your software controls team is on plan to deliver the necessary software components of an HVDC system required by the project.
You will use Jira as the main Software Development management tool and with the team working in a Scrum style manage the backlog of work to be delivered via Sprints according to the overall project schedule.
You will also have to report on your progress on a weekly basis and contribute to our wider team's continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve the overall Project Delivery process.
- Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or computer science with at least 5 year's experience in industry
- Demonstrable project management experience ideally with current qualifications
- Demonstrable understanding of Software Delivery and Lifecycle
- Clear and concise communication style
- Good written and spoken English
- Comfortable in managing teams of technical people
- Practical experience of JIRA
- Practical experience of Scrum
- Good Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Understanding of power electronics (desired)
To be considered for the Interim Software Controls Lead - Staffordshire, please apply prior to Wednesday 6th May.