£400 - £450 per day
5 months ago
1st Executive are recruiting on behalf of their global multi-industry client, who are seeking an experienced Site Contracts Manager for their Engineering business. You will need to have experience of managing capital projects contracts on an international scale, ideally with a background that includes working for organisations across power, energy, oil & gas or engineering industries.
Ensure the successful execution of site activities contracts according to agreed commercial obligations, financial and qualitative targets.
- Ensuring that the site portions of all subcontracts are followed and fulfilled to the benefit of GE.
- Optimizing the financial results of GE Grid for site activities contracts.
- Proactive risk/claim assessment and management for site activities contracts.
- Ensuring that all important site records are adequately maintained
- Ensuring the correct Site process and tools are in place and followed.
- Manage site activities contracts according to the agreed processes laid out in the current PH tool
- Provide support and direction to GE Grid site staff on all contractual and commercial matters.
- Ensuring that contractors and/or consortium partners comply with their contractual obligations.
- Ensure correct contractual and commercial implementation of contractors reporting, collection of records as well as adequate administration of claims for any event.
- Ensure that all delay events and non-budgeted costs are properly identified, classified and well documented, and that the responsible parties (including clients, contractors and insurers) are notified in a timely manner, in full coordination with project contract manager.
- Provide proactively recommendations and advise on how to avoid any additional cost and where not possible ow to minimise the costs of legitimate claims.
- Manage and minimise commercial and contractual impacts resulting from time, quality or process related problems on the site.
- Support detailed scheduling, planning, coordination of work and continuous supervision; early recognition of possible critical deadlines; arrangement or demand for and implementation of corrective actions; forwarding of information of the Site Manager (SIM, Contract Manager and Project Management.
- Ensure all contractors' correspondence is timely and duly replied.
- In coordination with contract manager, ensure that all correspondence to client concerning site activities: testing, commissioning, energisation…etc, are timely sent and duly replied.
- Ensure commercial and contractual feedback to the responsive site and project organisations (including Procurement and Logistic) as well as the delegating line organisation.
- Ensure, together with the Site team, that all BOQ and scope changes are recorded and documented properly and are clearly traceable to the contractual scope and BOQs as well as the respective erection/construction work package/system.
- Execute and/or support closeout of site contracts including the production of a SCM closeout report when requested.
- Whenever possible, SCM shall support the preparation of commercial documents and shall participate during
- Complete and administrate site insurance claims.
- Ensure site purchasing terms and conditions of all purchase orders are commercially sound and complaint with contract conditions and local laws and regulations.
- Receive appropriate SPO quotes from sub-supplies and in conjunction with the requestor making a technical and commercial evaluation, placement of SPO and approval of invoice according to SPO terms and conditions.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
International Working Experience or at least Management of International Contracts.
- Proven experience in the Construction of capital projects (Petrochem, civil and building etc) and preferably power.
- Commercial and Legal Knowledge
- Excellent computer skills in using MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Knowledge of any other language would be beneficial.
- Preferable skills in using Lotus Notes applications and Internet software
- Planning, Organisation, Negotiation and Presentation Skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Open to Criticism, able to handle conflicts.
- Achievement and goal orientated.
- Cultural awareness and team player.
- Preferably, Degree in an appropriate technical subject (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Building, Engineering).
- Additional Project Management and/or Commercial education and professional registration (e.g. RICS) would be beneficial.