Up to £355 per day
5 months ago
Interim Shipping Claims Analyst - £350 per day
My client, a FTSE 100 leader in the Oil and Gas industry, is seeking an Interim Claims Analyst, with significant shipping claims experience, to carry out critical financial and commercial activities. This is a 12 month contract, paying up to £350 per day, based in London.
You will perform commercial acitivities, including invoicing, stakeholder negotiation, performance management financial calculations and variance analysis.
- Provide commercial expertise in the financial execution/implementation of charterparties
- Management of all financial aspects of a voyage
- Prepare and manage hire payments, offhire calculations, recovery of costs, profit share calculations and performance records for all time charter vessels.
- Calculate and make accounting entries and report on monthly P&L reconciliations.
- Ensure Anti Money Laundering policy is strictly adhered to.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the team with projects, training, and coverage.
* Significant Shipping Claims Experience (must have)
* Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen.
* Keen business sense, ability to seek ways of adding value.
* Ability to demonstrate customer responsiveness towards both internal and external customers, anticipating needs and setting high standards of service.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Professional shipping or business qualification at degree level or equivalent.
* Knowledge of shipping commercial matters and Charter parties.
* Knowledge of accounting principles.
* Proven track record of negotiation.
* Problem solving skills.
*Understanding of charterparties, reforecasting, voyage monitoring, calculation and invoicing of freight, demurrage, deviation and other claims on a voyage; identifying all recoverable costs; negotiating and recovering claims from counterparties.
* Time Charter management: Hire Payments; Off Hire Payments; Performance; Profit Share
* Payments: Bunkers; Commissions; war risks.
* Financial: Accruals; P&L Analysis.
* Working knowledge of SAP, BPOSS, CAT
* Anti Money Laundering (AML) policy and procedure.
* Credit Control and reporting.
If this sounds interesting, please apply ASAP, or email firstname.lastname@example.org / call Claire on 01483213310 to speak.