£350 - £400 per day
3 months ago
Interim Senior Procurement Officer - £350 - £400 (inside IR35)
My client, a local authority in Bedfordshire currently undergoing significant transformation and regeneration, are recruiting an Interim Senior Procurement Officer to support Children's and Public Health areas.
This role is an intial 6-12 week contract (with potential to extend beyond this), paying between £350 and £400 per day (inside IR35).
You will lead on Commissioning and Procurement Projects, supporting the wider Strategic Commissioning and Procurement function, through:
- Preparation and delivery of commissioning and procurement activity plans
- Providing regulatory expertise, commercial advice and guidance to directorates
- Developing, leading and delivering tender exercises and commissioning projects for high-risk projects
- Developing and delivering sub-category strategies
- Understanding current Stakeholder resources and identifying additional resource
- Collecting and analysing spend and market data
- Indentifying new procurement and commissioning approaches to drive innovation and best practice
- Undertaking strategic contract management
- Leading on high-value negotiations
- Significant experience of working in government roles or a similar public sector environment
- Strong, demonstrable experience of contracting, procurement and commissioning at a senior level
- Experience of producing and implementing category and sub-category strategies
- Innovation and initiative in realising significant savings from commissioning and procurement activity
- Ability to manage commercial negotiations
- A proven track record of improving commissioning outcomes
- Experience of establishing and managing effective contractual arrangements with suppliers
- Experience leading a team
If this role sounds interesting, please apply ASAP or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.