£400 - £500 per day
SS - 14363_1605871465
14 days ago
Interim Senior Procurement Manager
Interim Senior Procurement Manager required for a 3 month rolling contract with a Local Authority to lead a savings programme across a number of categories/
This role will be working from home, even when back to normal but may be required in the office once in a fortnight if needed for any reason.
- Analyse historical spend data, categorise expenditure.
- Liaise with internal departments to understand what products and services are being procured. Ability to quickly assimilate an understanding of specifications and key requirements.
- Develop category plans to achieve savings in agreed timescales. Determine the best route to market to achieve commercial goals.
- Influence internal stakeholders to ensure organisation wide support for category plans. Draft briefing papers to ensure senior level support.
- Manage different sourcing processes including: OJEU tenders, framework call-offs, supplier negotiations, contract extensions.
- Manage multiple projects to conclusion, implementing new contractual arrangements and achieving savings / budget reductions.
- The role is based on remote home working.
- At least 5 years procurement experience. Good knowledge of the public contract regulations is preferred.
- Experience of delivering significant savings across a range of categories.
- Ability to assimilate data and develop savings programmes, setting out key tasks and timescales.
- Self-motivated, an ability to make things happen despite occasional organisational inertia. Ability to organise and prioritise in a home working environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good commercial skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Flexible - ability to work on several projects at the same time.
Please note, this is considered Inside IR35.
To discuss, please call Sam on 01483 213 304.