£650 - £700 per day + Inside IR35
whitbread Food Cat M_1673020578
27 days ago
Senior Procurement Manager - Meal Solutions
Contract type: Contractor
Location: Dunstable - 2 days per week
Inside IR35 - £700 per day
About the role:
Accountable for the sourcing of the Meal Solutions food categories, including the selection, appointment, and management of suppliers. Specific Categories: Recipe Dish, Desserts, Bakery, Grocery, Wholesalers, Confectionary and Sauces with line manager responsibility for two direct reports in the Meal Solutions categories.
Responsible for defining sourcing strategies for each category to ensure availability whilst negotiating and securing best price for every product.
Responsible for driving Efficiency Programs with suppliers within selected product categories to identify and drive out costs and add value throughout the end-to-end supply chain.
What you'll be doing:
- Development of documented (3 year) sourcing strategies for key category spend areas in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Maintenance of a sourcing plan for the category covering planned stakeholder initiatives, Procurement initiatives, etc…
- Determine appropriate approach to market (single-stage or multi-stage tender / negotiation, bundling strategies etc.) and contract strategy (framework, schedule of rates etc.)
- Develop tender and contract documentation and ensure signature of required confidentiality agreements.
- Tender evaluation including selection criteria, commercial analysis, product/service evaluation, vendor capability evaluation etc.
- Negotiation to maximise savings and/or optimise price / quality / service / risk.
- Identification of key suppliers across the category and establishment of appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier performance against SLA / KPI's and provide a forum for ongoing supplier development and improvement.
- Development of supplier performance metrics.
- During the product development process, be able to work with Marketing on concepts and challenge where required, commercial proposal review, negotiate and challenge on spec, price, volumes, logistics, packaging, case size options and MOQ's through to launch.
What you'll need:
- 5 minimum years procurement/specific food category experience
- Must have experience across multiple F&B categories and knowledge of the Foodservice/Wholesaler supply base
- Significant people management experience and the ability to influence activity without direct line manager responsibility.
- Procurement execution (business requirements analysis, market analysis, sourcing strategy, tender, negotiation, contract award, supplier management etc.)
- Relationship Management - Able to build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
- Solid financial and quantitative analysis skills, with the ability to distil complex analysis into clear business conclusions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to facilitate meetings and prepare reports from Board level objective.