Up to £550 per day + Inside IR35
4 months ago
Interim Senior Procurement Manager (Estates)
£550 per day (Inside IR35)
Remote working with 1 day per week on site
Initially 3 months with strong potential to be extended
This is an exceptional time to be joining this forward-thinking client as part of their Procurement Services Team. They have launched a new Estates Strategic Plan which will see a significant investment (c£600m) which will enable collaboration and innovation. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Interim Senior Procurement Manager, ideally with Estates and Facilities procurement experience, to join their team in a role that will be central to the delivery of this Estates strategy.
More about the role:
In this role you will lead the procurement strategy development for specific procurements for specialist and highly complex requirements. Projects will span across the organisation and you will provide robust and effective procurement advice utilising experience and expertise to deliver flexible, innovative and commercially astute procurement strategies which meet the needs of a challenging research environment within the regulatory framework.
You will work with stakeholders to develop a procurement pipeline of requirements, including prioritisation of key projects. You will also deploy resource appropriately to deliver tendering activity through the team. A key priority will be to ensure Quality Assurance in procurement activity across all procurement manager and procurement officer resource, by undertaking a quality review of all tender documentation prior to publication. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will work as a member of the senior team work with the Business Manager and senior category managers to ensure procurement best practice is embedded across the team.
- Skill level equivalent to achievement of a professional qualification or postgraduate degree (such as MCIPS), or significant professional relevant knowledge and experience
- Strong experience working in the Estates/Facilities Management category
- Significant experience of undertaking procurement procedures compliant with relevant organisational and legislative procurement requirements for complex and high risk projects.
- Understanding of how the specialist/professional services provided by the post-holder support overall objectives
- Proven experience of undertaking a range of procurement procedures compliant with Public Contracts Regulations
- Understanding issues, opportunities, market drivers etc. in order to ensure procurement arrangements are scoped to meet the needs of our client and deliver best value for money.
- MCIPS qualification
- Specifically experience of developing procurement strategies to deliver maximum value for money for the Organisation.
- Experience in prioritisation of activity and deployment of resource accordingly
- Experience of successful project management.
- Experience / knowledge of category management principles with successful realisation of associated benefits.
- Able to assess complex issues; and to apply originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems
- Confidence to challenge existing work practices.
- Able to proactively work with colleagues in other work areas to achieve outcomes. Demonstrable evidence of excellent communication and influencing skills within a complex and diverse operating environment.
- Experience of interacting with all levels of staff across the organisation and external stakeholders as required (suppliers etc.)
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication, with a close attention to detail
- Ability to undertake quality assurance review of complex documents. Able to understand legal advice and translate into contractual solutions
If this sounds like you, please send your cv to: alex.steel@1st-executive to schedule a chat and find out more. Interviews will take place ASAP.