£200 - £300 per day
11792 - 2008_1534867732
9 months ago
- Interim Senior Mechanical Buyer - £200-300p/d
An Interim Senior Mechanical Buyer at £200-300p/d is required for a leading Specialist Automotive/Electrical organisation based in Hampshire. A 12 month contract, likely to extend, this is an exciting opportunity within purchasing of power electronics, power machinery and component castings, to develop with a rapidly expanding company and specialists in their field.
- Purchasing precision machinery, high speed grinding machinery, component castings.
- Take the lead coordinating role for introducing new products and new suppliers.
- Raising purchasing orders in line with ERP, project and other adhoc demands.
- Implementation and management of non-discrete order methods (Purchase Schedules, Kanban, VMI, Consignment, etc.)
- Review acknowledgements and actively work with suppliers to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Regularly review purchasing action messages and action orders as required.
- Respond to actual or potential material shortages.
- Coordinates with production/quality on faulty material and process non-conformances in a timely manner to return faulty goods to the supplier.
- Communicate regularly with suppliers to ensure requirements are fully understood.
- Manage purchasing activities associated with engineering design changes providing input where appropriate.
- Manage issue resolution activities with suppliers to ensure continuity of supply.
- Actively progress cost reduction opportunities and ensure best overall cost of purchase.
- Process invoice and receiving queries in a timely manner.
- Measure Supplier performance and proactively manage improvement in quality, delivery & cost.
- Management of cost down initiatives and reporting.
- Automotive/Engineering/Manufacturing Industry experience
- MRP experience required
- CIPS certified (desired)
- Epicor experience (desired)