£200 - £225 per day
about 1 year ago
Interim Senior Materials Planner required on an initial 6 month contract paying £200 -£225 per day to join a British multinational in Hertfordshire that specialises in sustainable technologies.
- Manage performance of the Materials Planning function and ensure team objectives are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all materials are available to meet the production plan to prevent material related downtime whilst ensuring raw material stocks are within defined targets.
- Manage the process from ordering to receipt into the plant, such that all inbound movements of materials adhere to warehouse capacity restrictions.
- Communicate and escalate critical Planning issues such as Critical Customer supply and risks to Working Capital.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance ensuring they are aware of, and are meeting, key requirements.
- Work with production planners to support the plan meeting all stakeholder requirements, including, line efficiency and customer demand.
- Support the application of Best Practice and LEAN Planning.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Previous planning experience within a Supply Chain capacity (Production, Demand and/or Materials)
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills (to an intermediate level) and high confidence and aptitude in learning new IT systems and working with data analysis.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships across departments
- Ability to supervise a team
Duration: 6 months +
This is an extremely urgent requirement If you are interested in this role and can demonstrate the above key competencies then please apply immediately.