£200 - £250 per day
3 days ago
Interim Senior Materials Planner - £200 - £250 p/d
My client, a multinational, FTSE 100 company, specialising in sustainable technologies is seeking an interim Senior Materials Planner, on an initial 3 month contract paying £200 to £250 per day, based in Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for supervising the Materials Planning team (3 direct reports) covering material ordering, inbound material movements and supplier management.
- Manage performance of the Materials Planning function and ensure team objectives are met
- Ensure all materials are available to meet the production plan to prevent material related downtime whilst ensuring raw material stocks are within defined targets
- Manage the process end to end, so that all inbound movements of materials adhere to warehouse capacity restrictions
- Communicate and escalate Planning issues and risks to Working Capital
- Manage supplier relationships and performance against key requirements.
- Work with production planners to support the plan meeting all stakeholder requirements
- Support the application of Best Practice and LEAN Planning
- Previous planning experience within a Supply Chain capacity (Production, Demand and/or Materials)
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel skills (to an intermediate level) and high confidence and aptitude in learning new IT systems and working with data analysis.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build good working relationships across departments
- Ability to supervise a team
If this role sounds interesting, please apply ASAP or email Claire.Shipman@1st-executive.com.