Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £600 per day
SS - 12889_1558533647
5 months ago
Interim Senior IT Contract Manager - £600/day
Interim Senior IT Contract Manager required to provide leadership and give strategic direction across the IT Contract Management activities to ensure consistency of supplier management in IT contracts.
- Provide leadership and governance support to the relevant Project Directors, Contract Managers and Project Managers around corporate contract administration
- Work with the Functional Project Managers and Directors to check that decisions with commercial implications receive careful consideration, that appropriate business cases are developed and commercial reporting is fully reflective of a true commercial position
- Take the lead in the drafting of change instructions on corporate contracts
- Manage the progress of change requests through the company's governance structure
- Proactively support mitigation measure initiatives captured on the respective contract risk registers and ensuring the early warning process is completed
- Liaise with project controls teams with respect to consultants' progress, spend and performance reporting
- Develop approach to IT Contract Management and ensure that this approach is implemented across the Information Technology function and wider organisation
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract and develop and manage appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions
- Maintaining good working relationships with Information Technology, Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management functions to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub) contract management.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a framework and Target Operating Model for IT Contract Management and Supplier Development, lead Strategic Relationship Management (SRM) tasks as required
- Develop and manage procedures to recognise and identify contract issues as they develop (whether formally crystallised disputes or not) and managing their resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate;
- Work with IT Business Relationship Managers to help align different business and IT strategies for enhanced productivity
- Interface with IT Operations to communicate and understand concerns related to IT alignment across departments
- Work with IT architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of policies, plans, training material, processes and procedures to support IT Contract Management which are consistent with legislation and government policies
- Supporting and participating in the IT Demand assurance process
- Provide input and support to both the IT Operations and IT Project teams for Business planning/Budget and periodic Financial Forecasting activities
- Overseeing a coordinated and collaborative approach working within DfT and Cabinet Office guidelines and approvals
- Maintaining and developing relationships and services that are digitally orientated around Government Digital Services (GDS) and DDaT- ( Digital Data and Technology ) opportunities, products and learning
- Interface with other governance and assurance, IT and systems-related personnel across Internal, DfT, other Governmental bodies (e.g. Highways England, Maritime, DVLA, DVSA etc.) and the supply market to align IT Contract Management to wider governance and reporting, systems and interfaces
- Lead commercial and process reviews of IT contracts, IT Supplier Relationship Management and supplier development activities to ensure that a commercial approach is applied that delivers value for money
- Working with the Governance and Assurance (Compliance) team to support Conflict of Interest processes and reporting of the company's key IT suppliers
- Identify areas of inconsistent IT supplier performance or compliance and establish intervention/ development plans where behaviour, culture or performance is below the standards required
- Establish a culture of building excellent Supplier relationships built on trust and openness
- Act as the lead interface to provide ongoing operational support, guidance and subject matter expertise at key stages of the life cycle to others teams across the organisation.
Please note this role is Inside IR35.
To discuss the Interim Senior IT Contract Manager - £600/day position, call Sam on 01483 213 304.