£250 - £350 per day
30 days ago
A major local council has an urgent requirement for an Interim Senior Fraud Investigator.
Duration: 3 months potential for further extension
Pay rate: £350 Umbrella p/d
Location: Bristol Hybrid working
DBS required: Basic DBS
Under the direction of the Audit Manager, investigate possible internal and external frauds against the Local Authority using the full range of powers available under legislation.
To lead on complex and sensitive investigations and provide support and direction to the Investigations Officers and to find, collate and present evidence to seek recovery, sanctions and where appropriate take forward a prosecution.
- To carry out work to identify fraud in high risk
- Support the Audit Manager in delivering service improvement and implementing best practice across the Investigation Team and in delivering the agreed Counter Fraud Programme and to meet agreed performance
- Under direction of the Audit Manager, prioritise, allocate and supervise Investigations Officers responsible for the prevention and detection of fraud and provide specialist advice and guidance relating to casework or the investigation process. To lead on complex and sensitive cases and to provide support and advice to the Investigations Officer in respect of appropriate investigation action or legislative guidance. To contribute to staff
- Under the direction of the Manager to initiate proactive fraud detection work in high fraud risk areas. To work with the team in identifying new ideas and initiatives to prevent and detect fraud using techniques such as data matching/data analysis/data warehousing/data mining
- To contribute to continued service improvement and the quality assurance in the investigation and identification of fraud, to respond to operational needs, maximise service provision and cost efficiency by actively initiating, developing and implementing innovative working solutions.
- Work with other departments in the Council and other outside organisations with an interest in the prevention and detection of fraud including the police, Immigration Service, other Local Authorities etc.
- With the assistance of the Manager, take a lead role in maintaining awareness within the team of relevant legislation and internal policies and to comply with their requirements. This includes Police and Criminal Evidence Act, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Data Protection Act, The Fraud Act., the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud, Criminal Procedure and Investigation Act, Public Interest Disclosure Act.
- Perform all responsibilities and associated duties effectively and in accordance with Council Policies and Government legislation and other relevant codes of
- Conduct interviews under caution, carry out surveillance, take witness statements and obtain and record evidence maintaining security, confidentiality and compliance with all legislation and council To attend court or tribunal as a witness if required to do so. To refer cases for prosecution as appropriate.
- Participate in recruitment of staff, to identify and provide training to assist new colleagues and to help motivate colleagues to enhance
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply ASAP.